Patricia Nail Lacquer

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fall Fashion Week 2012

Hey Everyone!

Fashion Week is finally over and it was fab! Some of my favorite shows we did this season were Cushnie et Ochs, Jeremy Scott, and Kohl’s Rock & Republic. Navy seems to be making a comeback this year as several designers chose deep navy to compliment their collections. There were pops of electric blue and green in several of the collections as well. Since we had several overlapping shows, I had to break my team into two groups. Above is a picture of me with one of the teams. I was so blessed to get some amazing volunteers backstage from states such as Michigan, Connecticut, and Virginia. Everyone worked really hard and did an amazing job!


At the Kohl’s show, we were able to have some fun on the nails by doing a really cool ombre fade using black into a deep silvery grey as seen above. The colors I used were Dashing Diva’s “Limo Service,” which faded into “Penthouse Views.” This look was a huge hit! Check out the coverage we got on the following link. http://daedrianmcnaughton.com/nail-trend-report-fashion-week-2012/


I got to see so many wonderful people at this particular show. Here is a picture of me and my great friend, Priscilla Raine. She is an up and coming artist, and it was great getting to hang at the Koh’ls show! Check her out! http://www.facebook.com/OfficialPriscillaRaine


The highlight of Fashion Week was definitely the Jeremy Scott show. When I met with Jeremy for the nail test, and saw the hair and makeup, I immediately knew the look I wanted to create for this show. The hair was an eccentric array of rainbow colors, complimented with rainbow jewels around the eyes that even lit up! When I finally got to see the collection itself, I literally felt like I was in the middle of a colorful Dr. Seuss novel (which I loved).

The fun patterns and vibrant faux fur shoes along with Jeremy’s direction for a “techno” look sparked my creative juices. What immediately came to mind was a nail look we have in Dashing Diva’s retail line, Nail Bliss that consists of rainbow colored “bling” appliqués. Jeremy also loved this idea as the pattern of the bling reminded him of a computer keyboard. This went great with the inspiration behind the look! Check out the post below which was featured on PopSugar’s site!


Overall, the week went smooth. Dashing Diva’s new PR company did a great job for their first time at Fashion Week. I loved everyone’s enthusiasm! Though one would think Fashion Week exhausting, I always leave the last show revived and full of fresh inspiration to bring back to my personal and celebrity clients.


Until next time…






































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.