Patricia Nail Lacquer

Friday, July 20, 2012

Going Home

I was feeling really guilty for not going to Michigan to see my family for almost three years, so when my little sister sent out the invitation for my nephew's graduation, it gave me the perfect excuse to go home. Besides, this same little sister came to my son's graduation and did so much to help out with the party and I knew I had to do the same. 
Me with my two sisters Julie and Angela
I was so happy to see that seven of my eleven siblings (Yes, I said eleven!) also attended the festivities. It is very rare for all of us to get together in one place at the same time since we all have crazy schedules and live all across the country. I was also happy that out of all the family attendees, two of my most favorite brothers were there. They never fail to make me laugh! Growing up with eight brothers who constantly teased me was not easy! The crazy thing is it has not stopped and they continue to tease me even now being a grown woman! I wonder if anyone else has this problem??!!

Me with my two brothers Steve and Joe
It is always good to see my mom. I swear she never changes and always looks the same year after year. It must be something about having all them kids that kept her young. 

Steve, Mom, and I
I ended up deciding to drive from NY to Michigan with my son figuring he could share the burden of driving. It also wound up being the perfect opportunity for us to "bond." In the Fall, he will be entering his junior year of college. If any of you can relate, sons don't really like to talk to their moms as much at this age. This has been hard for me since we have always been so close. As a result, the 12 hour drive was a blessing in disguise and gave us the perfect opportunity to reconnect. 

Of course, coming back home to NY was bittersweet, but there is a wedding next year that I am going to make sure I get back to Michigan for. Remember, it's always important to make time for family!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.