Patricia Nail Lacquer

Friday, August 3, 2012

My August NailPro Cover

August NailPro Cover 2012
Hi Everybody, 

Now that is is officially released, I am able to write about my August cover for NailPro. What do you guys think?!! I was a little nervous at first when Stephanie told me it was going to be a cover based on tattoos (because... anyone who knows me at all knows how much I DESPISE tattoos lol). Nonetheless, I had to rise to the occasion. Fortunately for me, the timing was perfect as about a month prior to NailPro's request, I was working in the Dashing Diva office on our new line of nail tattoos that will be released early of 2013. Luckily for me, there were a couple of samples that I was able to snag from the office and utilize on this shoot.    

Up Close and Personal

After Stephanie Yaggy sent me her inspiration vision, I sought out my favorites of the nail tattoo samples that we had just received. From there, I made some sample nails and collaborated with make-up artist, Anthony Merante, who is amazingly creative. We agreed upon the above look. To match the nails tattoos I had chosen, Merante designed and airbrush a temporary tattoo to match. To add even further intrigue to the concept, I based my pallet with a flesh tone polish. I developed this look to really make the nails become one with our model's flesh. Using a method I conceived at a 2011 Fashion Runway Show for Cushnie Et Ochs, I mixed a sheer nude polish with Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I added little bits of the mineral make up at a time in various shades until I arrived to the perfect match of my model's skin. I feel this really enhanced the look of the tattoos and completed the overall concept. The behind the scenes video will be up really soon on the NailPro website, so be sure to check it out! http://www.nailpro.com/videos/behind-the-nailpros

I also just did an awesome shoot for Seventeen magazine that I will fill you in on next time. I feel really blessed to have worked with  the awesome makeup artist, Romeo Jennings, from MAC. Stay tuned for more details on the amazing look we created.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.