Patricia Nail Lacquer

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting Ready for Fashion Week!

Wow it has been a crazy few weeks! Got a call from Martha Stewart Network to do the nails of a new cooking show host, Lucinda Quinn, who also happens to be Executive Food Director for Martha Stewart. Lucinda really wants to "step out of the box" and be one of the few cooking show hosts to wear color! She has red accents on the set of her show, so she had decided on red polish for her natural nails. Together we choose OPI's Keys To My Karma. I mentioned to her about the options of gel polish, so hopefully she will let me experiment on her nails with it next time I service her! The show has already requested me back as her regular nail tech!

The next day I was off to do one of my regulars, Rachael Ray. Hummm.......maybe I am supposed to be the "cooking show" nail tech! Rachael's main focus is her feet. I am lucky if I can talk her in to a quick manicure just to clean up her hands! (She never ever gets polish. Just clean and buffed!) For her feet, right now she is in love with OPI Axxium Gel in, You Don't Know Jacques. That has been her favorite for a couple of months now! On my way home from Rachael's apartment I got a text from LA based celebrity nail tech, Kimmie Kyees, who happened to be in town on a job with Rhianna. Her e-file was out of commission and she needed a quick replacement. Thank God for keeping open relationships with my fellow techs and educators. I was able to call Ellis who distributes for Young Nails and she was able to help Kimmie out with an e-file for the day! I recently reached out to Kimmie and sent her some Dashing Diva products and we have become friends, even though we have never actually met in person. What an amazing industry I am involved in that relationships can be built miles away! She graciously forwarded me a job with Katy Perry, which is published in the most recent issue of PEOPLE Magazine. (August 30th) Working with Katy was a great experience and she even requested me back a few days later for another shoot!

I am off to LA in the morning for some much needed rest and hopefully I can meet up with Kimmie at some point! When I get back to NY, I will immediately have to dive in to getting ready for NYC Fashion Week. Just got the tentative schedule from Dashing Diva's PR company and we have an amazing 28 shows so far! WOW! I do need this rest before this coming season!
Stay tuned for updates and the looks we create for the designers this season!

Tip of the Day: Avon has the most amazing exfoliating pads for feet! They are a hidden secret, as far as I am concerned. Perfect to freshen up your feet between pedicures and they work fabulously to soften those rough areas while you sleep! Just swipe a seperate pad over each foot and let dry. In the morning you will be astounded at the results! Avon Foot Works Dual Action Pedi Peel. LOVE THEM!!!!!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.