Patricia Nail Lacquer

Friday, May 4, 2012

My Saudi Arabian Wedding Experience




What an experience!!! Going to my friend Haya's wedding in Saudi Arabia had to be one of the most amazing experiences in my life. Haya owns a Dashing Diva franchise and we had been coordinating a mini training session prior to the wedding. For as much as I wish the trip was all play and no work, I could never pass on an opportunity to teach and enrich the lives of fellow nail technicians. My first stop when entering the country, was to go purchase an "abaya" (robe) that I would have to wear anytime I was out in public or around men. Here is a picture of me and Haya in our abayas!


Training was a little difficult as the wedding preparations consumed the minds of almost every salon member, but we did the best we could with the time we had. Here I am with the girls in the salon above.

Haya and I at her Marie Antoinette Wedding

The day before I left was the wedding! It was amazing watching them build out the room in my hotel. It took them four days to get the room picture perfect. Every night I would check on the progress of the ball room amazed by all the creativity and effort that went into accomplishing her grand, Marie Antoinette theme. As all the women were preparing their dresses for the wedding, I was completely surprised to find out that the wedding was an all female event. No men were invited, and it was amazing to learn so much about their culture and practices.

Although some of our practices differ, there are some things about a wedding that are exactly the same. The cake for starters was the most elaborate and gorgeous cake I had ever seen. It dropped down from the ceiling out of a fresh floral arrangement. The flower centerpieces were also present at this affair! Imported from Holland, the flowers were among the most magnificent I had laid eyes upon. Although all these things were beautiful, I must say, however, that Haya's beauty surpassed all else. Her gown was gold and ivory, and followed the Marie Antoinette theme perfectly. From the dress to the cuisine served, Haya's attention to detail to every aspect of this wedding still leaves me in awe. She even made sure the bathroom was decorated to match the theme. When it was all said and done, I was really left feeling like I had gone back and time and experienced a taste of this memorable era.


It was so hard leaving her and this amazing place. Luckily for me, New York was one of the stops on her honeymoon. She passes this way one more time before she heads back to Saudi Arabia, so hopefully I'll get the chance to see her at least one more time this weekend. Overall, Haya and everyone I met in Saudi Arabia were wonderful and the experience is one I will never forget.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.