Patricia Nail Lacquer

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Nailympics


My busy weekend started in Chicago where I flew in for a few short hours to conduct a training session for our new Dashing Diva educators. I was literally in and out within an 8 hour time period! Saturday night I left Chicago and flew to L.A to get ready to judge the Nailympics. There I met up with my friend from Singapore that I met last year and some additional new international judges including the infamous, Iryna Giblett. It is always such an honor and privileged to be in the company of these industry greats and learn new things on how nails are done in other countries. Above is a picture of how it looks "behind the curtain" from a judge's point of view. 


This year, I judged approximately eight different categories and saw some amazing work! Iv'e included some of my favorites. Look at the amazing detail that these nail artists were able to create.  






After the Nailympics, I went to stay with my friend Katie Cazorla, from the hit reality show Nail Files. My last task of my busy weekend was completing the cover for the August issue of Nailpro magazine. Katie lives about 15 min. away from Nailpro's offices, so I always appreciate when she let's me stay with her when I have to do a cover. I can't wait to show you the work I did for the cover, but not yet... You will have to wait until the magazine comes out, but it was an amazing experience and I got to use a brand new Dashing Diva product that will be available in January 2013.

 

While I was there, the editor ,Stephanie Yaggy, asked if I could do some manicures on some of the guys as the August issue will also include an article on men who wear nail polish. Here is a picture above of me doing a guy's nails. 


I finished up my trip on the last night with dinner at a sushi restaurant with good friends Katie and Rachael from Singapore. The weekend was really fun filled with tons of activity and business, but I am glad it is over and happy to be back in New York and see what new adventures await me!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.