Patricia Nail Lacquer

Monday, July 9, 2012

July Self Magazine and Pink

Hi Everyone,

Wow! I can't believe it is the second week of July already. Summer is just whizzing by which means Fashion Week is right around the corner and so I have to start preparing for that very soon. Speaking of fashion and nails of course, Self Magazine's July Issue show cased Adele's Louboutin manicure. I was fortunate enough to be interviewed on how to create this popular look. See the pic above!

I was surprised to turn a couple pages further and see my quote on slimming manicures. This statement is so true as I have recently been switching many of my young, hip clients to the almond shaped nail and they are loving the way it slenderizes their hands. Be sure to catch onto the trend and read the quote below!


Speaking of trends, appliques are also getting a lot of attention these days. This morning I was called to do a very early (6am) manicure on Grammy award winning singer Pink. As a result, I had to get up and ready at 3am which is my usual time to go to sleep! As she has been steering away from gel manicures recently, I was awarded the perfect opportunity to present Dashing Diva's new Colorfx. One of the great things about Colorfx is that it will be available in 48 shades of neon plus 12 gliteratti by the beginning of August.  

Pink chose "Never too Innocent" a pinky based flesh tone colored that went great with her skin and is versatile and goes with anything, which is what she requested. I also let her know that nude, flesh tone colors were really "in" for the upcoming season. You can watch her on the Today Show by viewing the link below. 

I'm looking forward to Fashion week! I have already received phone calls from designers getting ready to select their runway looks. We are really trying to push Colorfx, so be sure to look for it this Fall on the runway!

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Patricia is one of the leading nail professionals in the U.S. She has over 28 years of international experience, which include educating, salon consulting and openings, nail services, as well as fashion and press related events. Her celebrity client list includes, Rachael Ray, Allison Williams, Chrisette Michelle, Donnie McKlurkin, Giada De Laurentiis, Kim Kardashian, Kate Winslet, Katy Perry, Pink, and many others. Her work and views have appeared on several television shows and stations nationwide. She currently works as a freelance nail artist and consults for the Dashing Diva Professional line where she is lead educator and assists in product development.